Medical studies found that palo azul can improve your insulin sensitivity and reduce your glucose levels
Various studies have found that extracts from palo azul “significantly reduced blood glucose levels” and showed “good anti-diabetic activity.”
In fact, 3 different studies have found that palo azul can improve insulin sensitivity, insulin secretion, glucose metabolism and/or increase muscle mass.
One study concluded the following: “The results indicate that EP (palo azul) has good antidiabetic activity and therefore could be used to prevent the development of diabetes.”
In addition, it is well documented that oxidative stress can cause cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and aging. Therefore, antioxidants such as palo azul can “interfere with radical-producing systems and increase the function of endogenous antioxidants, protecting the cells from damage by these free radicals.”
What is oxidative stress?
Oxidative stress is an imbalance between free radicals and antioxidants in the body.
¿What are free radicals?
Free radicals are atoms with a single valence electron that cause damage to the body associated with diabetes, cancer, aging, atherosclerosis, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and many other diseases.
This happens because electrons like to be in pairs... and for this reason, free radicals look for "free" electrons in the body. This causes damage to cells, proteins, DNA and these damaged molecules can mutate, grow tumors, and damage the DNA code. Eventually, this cellular damage causes new cells to grow with defects and it will lead to aging and degenerative diseases.
Flavonoids vs. Diabetes
On top of this...palo azul also contains flavonoids and “numerous epidemiological studies show an inverse correlation between dietary flavonoid consumption and chronic degenerative diseases, such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, osteoporosis, neurodegenerative diseases, and cancers.”
These are the most flavonoid-rich foods: apples, pears, onions, strawberries, blueberries, celery, peppers, and teas such as palo azul
Oxidative foods: foods that are heavily processed and have high fructose content, trans fats and refined carbs
Results from another study concluded that flavonoids in tea “may lower the risk of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular diseases” and they even have a “beneficial effect on LDL-cholesterol and insulin sensitivity.”
Moreover, in a large cohort of women, a clinical trial has shown that "flavonoids are protective against type 2 diabetes.”
Finally, one study concluded the following:
“In conclusion, palo azul may increase muscle mass in the body and improve insulin resistance conditions.”
This is why you should eat vegetables, fruits, and drink palo tea azul every day! Below, we have summarized the key findings of all the medical studies we have analyzed and also cited all the scientific literature.
P.S... Don't forget to help your loved ones by sharing palo azul's magic with them!
Key findings from medical studies
• Several medical studies found that extracts from palo azul "significantly decreased blood glucose levels" and showed "good anti-diabetic activity.”
• “Palo azul increased the expression of insulin-sensitizing adipokine, adiponectin, which is a direct target of PPARγ.”
“In conclusion, palo azul may increase muscle mass in the body and improve insulin resistance conditions by facilitating the formation of myotubes by promoting myocyte differentiation.”
• “Chalcones, flavonoids, and dihydrochalcones in palo azul “promote pancreatic β-cell survival, insulin secretion-enhanced hyperglycemia, and hyperlipidemia in glucose-induced diabetic zebrafish.” Finally, the researchers concluded that “these findings suggest that EP/AgNPs could be used as therapeutic nanoparticles to prevent the development of diabetes.”
“The oxidative stress may lead to cellular damage which is related to various health ailments such as diabetes, cancer, CVD, neurodegenerative disorders and ageing. Antioxidants interfere with radical-producing systems and increase the function of endogenous antioxidants, protecting the cells from damage by these free radicals.”
• “In addition, flavonoids have a role in the treatment of diabetes by virtue of their ability to protect against hyperglycemic and alloxan-induced oxidative stress in experimental animal models.”
* Palo Azul is commonly referred to by its scientific name: Eysenhardtia polystachya / E. polystachya / E.P - Cyclolepis genistoides / C. genistoides - kidney wood - palo dulce