Studies showed that palo azul relieves kidney pain, urinary tract pain and reduces kidney stone growth
Palo azul tea has been used traditionally for centuries to treat these pains. It was even transported to Europe after the discovery of America for its diuretic efficacy. Due to its popularity as a diuretic, palo azul is commonly used by people as a means to clean out their system in order to pass drug tests. Other common diuretics include green tea, black tea, coffee, ginger, lemon, cranberry juice, etc.
In fact...In fact, diuretics are so powerful in cleansing the body, that in 1988 they were banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency because athletes were using them to detoxify their bodies and pass drug tests!
How can diuretics help you?
Alleviate kidney pain and reduce kidney stone growth
Many studies have evaluated palo azul's diuretic activity and its efficacy for treating kidney pain, urinary tract pain, and kidney stones. These studies have found that palo azul shows effective diuretic & antibacterial activity and therefore, it "significantly reduces kidney stone growth and alleviates kidney & urinary tract pain."
Six different studies found that palo azul prevented the formation of kidney stones and significantly decreased the size of kidney stones. Therefore, one study concluded that it can be "recommended as a preventive medication in the formation of kidney stones.”
Another study found that "flavonones in palo azul have been identified with antibacterial and antifungal activity.” Therefore, it could be used for “kidney problems, urinary tract pain, kidney calculi, and as a deflamatory."
Aleviate urinary tract pain
Palo azul's diuretic property is also effective in treating urinary tract pain, because it increases urinary flow. The results of 4 different studies suggest that palo azul can reduce irritability in the urinary tract.
In addition, the methanolic extracts of palo azul were effective against bacteria which are “the most frequent causal agents of urinary tract infection.”
A book about botanical medicine writes the following statement about palo azul:
“If prone to acidic, overly concentrated urine, associated kidney stones and urinary tract sediment then Kidneywood (palo azul) will be of use. Because of the plant’s alkalinizing nature, acidic precipitants dissolve back into the urine, thereby reducing pain and urinary tract irritability associated with lithic deposits. Kidney wood (palo azul) is soothing to kidney and urinary tract irritability.”
Below we have outlined the key findings from all of the research we’ve done and we’ve also cited all of the research literature.
P.S...Don’t forget to help your friends & family by sharing palo azul with them!
Key findings about kidney pain
• One particular study revealed that the aqueous extract of E. polystachya (palo azul) "induced an important diuretic activity" because increases in urinary flow and urinary sodium excretion were observed.
• Researchers from one study found that “isoflavones in palo azul stopped the formation of calcium oxalate crystal growth in rats. They also concluded that “you can take palo azul as a preventative measure to avoid kidney stone growth.”
• Another study stated that isoflavones from palo azul “significantly lower(ed) growth rate and nucleation rate of calcium oxalate crystals” and “work as inhibitors in the formation and crystal growth of COM and phosphate and may protect against stone formation by reducing the degree of aggregation and the size of particles precipitated.”
Key points about urinary tract pain
• “Due to the alkalinizing nature of this plant, acidic precipitants dissolve back into the urine, thus reducing pain and irritability of the urinary tract.”
• “The bark of E. polystachya (palo azul) induces an increase on urinary excretion of water and sodium, similar to furosemide, but with the advantage of a potassium-saving effect. These findings support the claims of diuretic efficacy of the bark of E. polystachya (palo azul) in the Mexican Traditional Medicine.”
* Palo Azul is commonly referred to by its scientific name: Eysenhardtia polystachya / E. polystachya / E.P - Cyclolepis genistoides / C. genistoides - kidney wood - palo dulce